Where To Get Help

If you know or suspect a child is being abused, contact your local law enforcement, prosecuting attorney or child protective services. Call 911 for  emergency situations.

If your child has been sexually assaulted within 72 hours of disclosure, please take your child to the emergency room as soon as possible.

West Virginia now has a centralized abuse reporting center:
Reports should be made to the Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline (1-800-352-6513) 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

Listed below are some of our local contact numbers.

Ohio County

DHHR (Child protective services) : 304-232-4411 (not for reporting abuse)

Wheeling Police Department : 304-234-3661

Ohio County Sheriff's Office : 304-234-3606

WV State Police :  304-238-1100

Prosecutor's Office : 304-234-3631

Marshall County

DHHR (Child protective services) : 304-843-4120 (not for reporting abuse)

Moundsville Police Department: 304-845-1611

Marshall County Sheriff's Office: 304-843-1500

WV State Police : 304-843-4100

Prosecutor's Office : 304-845-3580

Belmont County (Ohio)

Job & Family Services (CPS) : 740-695-1074

Sheriff's Office : 740-695-7933

Prosecutor's Office : 740-695-2121

or you can call Harmony House for information on how to get help. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8-4pm

Harmony House, Inc. Children's Advocacy Center 

Wheeling Center - 2000 Eoff Street, Wheeling,  26003

Belmont County Center - 66850 Pogue Road, St. Clairsville, OH 43950

Send Mail To Harmony House Executive Director

Powered by Data Equilibrium